By supporting Animal Humane Society, you’re helping animals get the second chances they deserve. Your gift directly impacts animals by:
- Providing medical and behavioral care for animals at our shelters.
- Educating our community on how to properly care for animals.
- Rescuing animals from abusive and neglectful situations.
- Supporting underserved communities with necessary resources to care for their pets.
For more information about the impact of supporting AHS, view our latest annual report. Thank you for your support.
To make your donation over the phone, please call our Donor Services team at 763-489-2210. If you prefer to send your donation by postal mail, you may download and print this form and mail it with your contribution to: Philanthropy Department, Animal Humane Society, 845 Meadow Lane N., Golden Valley, MN 55422.
- $25: Provides heartworm tests for five dogs
- $50: Provides full vaccinations for two stray cats
- $100: Provides behavioral training sessions for an animal to help them find a new home more quickly
- $250: Provides X-rays for two injured animals
- $500: Helps three dogs through the Adoption Preparation program which readies shy or fearful dogs for adoption
- $1,000: Gives housing and care to 67 animals in the shelter for one day
- $2,500: Provides medical supplies and medications for 38 spay/neuter surgeries
Minnesota Charities Review Council’s Standards of Accountability state that at least 70 percent of an organization’s annual expenses must be directed toward program activity with no more than 30 percent for management, and general and fundraising expenses combined. In 2016, Animal Humane Society exceeded this standard by directing 74 percent of our expenses back into programming and services for animals and the community.