Tips to help you find your lost pet
CALL YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL AND/OR NON-EMERGENCY POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- File a lost pet report and ask where your animal will be taken if s/he is picked up by one of these agencies.
- Inquire about any animals in their care that match your pet's description.
IF THE ANIMAL HAD ID SUCH AS RABIES TAGS OR A MICROCHIP:
- Notify the vet clinic or microchip company and let them know your pet is missing.
- Check that they have current contact information for you.
CHECK THE FOUND PETS AND STRAY ANIMALS SECTIONS OF THE AHS ONLINE LOST & FOUND BULLETIN BOARD TO SEE IF YOUR PET HAS BEEN FOUND.
- If not found there, post its picture and information to the Lost Pets Bulletin Board.
- Review this online bulletin board every day until your pet is found.
SEARCH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD EVERY DAY UNTIL YOUR PET IS FOUND.
- Talk to your neighbors and any neighborhood businesses.
- Post notices throughout the neighborhood using a clear, up-to-date photo. Offering a reward can be helpful.
- When your pet is found, remember to take down any notices you've posted around your neighborhood and online.
SEND AN AMBER ALERT FOR PETS TO YOUR COMMUNITY WITH FIND TOTO.
Find Toto will make a donation to Animal Humane Society when the service is utilized through the link provided on this page.
PLACE A LOST PET AD ON OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES AND IN YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER.